Free Self Hypnosis Instruction
This online free self hypnosis instruction is a simple technique to show you the basics of the unguided type of self hypnosis. I use it every time I want to relax and reprogram my mind. If you have trouble experimenting with self hypnosis then follow this easy self hypnosis guide step by step and you will be in trance state easily.
You need to prepare yourself before trying self hypnosis.
o Taking a relaxing shower will help you calm.
o Do not try self hypnosis just after dinning. Wait at least one hour before hypnotizing.
o State your goals. You have to know why you want to get into trance and what is that you want to change.
o Be sure that no one will interrupt you during the process. Remove your cell phone from the room. This is the most important step.
o The room must be dark.
o Be positive and believe in what you are going to try.
In self hypnosis the most important goal is to relax deeply. This is a very nice feeling of a soothing calmness in all over your body. Your body is nearly paralyzed when you are in this state. When you feel this paralysis then your mind will be relaxed too and open to your suggestions.
he difficult part is to reach this deeply relaxed state without falling asleep. The following free self hypnosis instruction will show you how to achieve this state.
How to relax your mind and your body
You can use the following self hypnosis instruction in order to relax deeply. Do not forget that breathing deeply is essential for your mind to relax. So that’s how you start.
- Lie down in a comfortable place and think briefly about what you are going to experience. Don’t close your eyes yet.
- Take three deep breaths and while exhaling the third breath close your eyes slowly.
- Count backwards from 10 to 1 slowly and with every count inhale and exhale deeply.
- Now open your eyes and look at a spot on the opposite wall. Focus your vision on this spot without blinking your eyes. Stay as much as you can and then take again a deep breath and as you exhale close your eyes again.
- Now start to relax your body mentally. Begin from your feet and imagine that the muscles relax and the tension goes off. Spend a minute or two to every part of your body. Use the following sequence. Start from your feet move to your legs, hips, lower back, stomach, upper back, breast, arms, shoulders, neck and face.
If you follow the above self hypnosis instruction then you will experience this deeply relaxed state where your body has fallen asleep but your mind not. The paralysis feeling indicates that you are ready to start with your suggestions.
I usually do not stop the relaxation process here but continue with some tranquility thoughts. So if you want to relax even deeply you can imagine the following self hypnosis script:
- Imagine that you are standing at a high spot in a tropical island. Try to imagine as many details as possible. Temperature, sun burst, sounds, smells.
- Stay there for a while and look at the amazing view of the island. Notice the sea on the horizon, the forest, the bird songs, the clear sky… It is sooo relaxing.
- As you begin to move against the forest, notice the trees and the smell of fresh air. Listen to any forest sounds. Take some deep breaths and imagine filling your lungs with fresh quality air from the forest. Amazingly relaxing.
- You finally reach at the beach. A beautiful long beach with golden sand is in front of you. Walk through the warm sand towards the water and notice the difference in temperature in your feet. Even more relaxing.
- As you walk on the beach you find an abandoned small wooden shack in good condition and you enter it. Say mentally to yourself that when you open the door of the small house you will be twice relaxed. Then take a deep breath and as you exhale move forward and enter the hovel. This small wooden house will be your starting point to your suggestions.
- As a final step you have to unload from your mind all of your worries and fears. So imagine that you put in a box all these stuff and then you burn the box. As the smoke rises and dispels all of your worries and fears, you feel peaceful and calm.
From this point you are ready to start with your suggestions. Whatever you have chosen to correct about yourself, now is the time to start. The self hypnosis instructions you followed brought your mind to the appropriate state to begin with your visualizations and affirmations.
This online free self hypnosis guide is just an example to show you how you can get easily into trance. The story part you can skip it but I don’t recommend it as the many details you try to imagine are perfect visualization exercises. For better results you can imagine different stories every time you try self hypnosis.
Try the above self hypnosis instruction and let us know how you felt. Did you find this guide helpful? Tell us your story using the following form.
Also if you have difficulty to try self-hypnosis alone then you can check here where you can find a huge variety of guided self-hypnosis sessions.